the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Special lunch at Jiko

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Special lunch at Jiko Reply with quote

This was in the EallEars newsletter (allearsnet.com) that I received today. This sounds great for foodies who are also animal lovers. Jiko is one of our favorite restaurants and I look forward to trying this special meal!

from Laurie Prencipe: In case you've not heard yet about this wonderful new program, "Lunch with Disney's Animal Programs" at Jiko, here's my mini-review: These five-course lunches are held every Tuesday from 12 to 2 p.m. in the Lion Room at Jiko. There is a speaker from Animal Programs (when I went it was Dr. Greg Fleming, but it could be any of the vets or animal staff) and chef Anette Grecchi personally introduced each course of fabulous food. Both the chef and the veterinarian are passionate about what they do, and their enthusiasm was infectious. Dr. Fleming was wonderfully entertaining and informative. He had prepared a slide show and shared stories about his involvement in Disney's conservation programs worldwide. If you've ever eaten at Jiko, you know how amazing the food is. I'm a vegan, which I mentioned when making the reservation, and my meal was balanced, creative and delicious! No complaints from any of the carnivores, either! We all (there were 10 guests) received souvenir menus with our names on them. I'll do this again on my next trip. It was expensive if you're doing it just for the food, so only go for it if you're interested in the animal presentation also. The five-course lunch & animal presentation is $65 plus tax and gratuity (came to about $80). Wine pairing is available for $15. Reservations are available through 407-WDW-DINE or through Animal Kingdom Lodge lobby concierge.
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
Cruella

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks dahling, the lunch sounds great!
Ta ta, Cruey
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: