the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

What dining experience do you look forward to?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: What dining experience do you look forward to? Reply with quote

When you think about your next trip to WDW...what dining experiences come to mind? Is it an old favorite like O'Hana, a must-have treat like a Dole Whip, or a special rare dinner like V&A?

Is food an important part of your WDW experience or just something to keep you going to enjoy the fun?

Do you plan your touring around special dining activities? (Like a princess breakfast or HoopDeDo?)

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
SusanP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We seem to be the odd ones on this topic, we tour and find food nearby when we get hungry. We just did the free dining plan and had a food allergy kid with us so made our ADR for table service. I must say if I had to plan around eating every day for very long I'd go nuts! It really did crimp our style-location and timewise-but we sacrificed for the food!!!!

I just can't imagine doing Disney having one or two ADRs every day to plan around!
ddoll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are just too many dining experiences we like to name only one or two.

I guess it depends on what I've got booked for the next trip!

We did HDD in August. It was just a blast! My DS begged me to take him there every time we go now.

DH always wants his trip to R&C, and I just look forward to everything.

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
WDWDen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we have ressies for V&A next Tuesday night, so I am really looking forward to going there. We havent been there since our honeymoon in 98! We have a couple others too, but I am most looking forward to that! Smile
pinoch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're about like SusanP -- we usually tour and stop for food when we get hungry. It's probably the least important part of the trip for us (I know, heresy Smile )

If there's one place we always try to eat it would be Le Cellier. DD and I love it and we usually just walk up and have always gotten in. The bread stick baskets alone are worth the visit. The other "necessary" treat is a Mickey bar -- it's just not a trip to Disney without at least one of those!

Barb
kathi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's totally not heresy to not be "into" food at WDW. Most people I know are far too busy having fun on vacation to worry that much about food. Totally fine!! Since this is the "food room" I just thought we would see what the food strategies are for our members.

Den - V&A...WOW!!! Please share your menu and dining experience with us when you return. I don't know when we will ever get back there again, but we sure loved it last year!!

ddoll - what kind of food is at HoopDeDoo? Sounds like a lot of meat! What is the show like?

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
ddoll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathi wrote:
ddoll - what kind of food is at HoopDeDoo? Sounds like a lot of meat! What is the show like?

Yes, there's a lot of meat: ribs and fried chicken. There was corn, salad, beans and strawberry shortcake for dessert! Also, unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks are also included in the price.

As with all things Disney, you can make arrangements for special dietary needs.

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
VeronicaG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to go to Cosmi Ray's when we are in MK. It's a tradition. I have gone there on every trip from the time I was 5 years old. Also,I like their food and I know there will be somthing my kids will eat.
Rosebud

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is 1 place that we look forward to on every trip.

I only make PS ahead of time for special occasions, but I will generally go with a plan to eat at a few certain places. Other than that generally close to meal time we think about what we feel like eating and either walk up or call for a PS.
Debster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward to our nightly sit down dinners.

I way too often eat on the run in real life, so when in Disney I take the immersing myself in the Magic to a whole new level with good meals!
rocking chairs
soft pretzels
and life
SueP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eating at Disney is a huge part of the trip for me. Even if we just plan to try a new counter service meal.

This last trip we tried Coral Reef for the first time. The boys loved it. I thought the food was yummy even with the many restictions I had to deal with. LOL

I also enjoyed Cali Grill tremendously.

I would include the San Angel Inn in every trip and now I know we will because the boys loved it too.

I have already started thinking about what would please the whole crew when we go in 2 years.
We will hit old favorites and add a few new ones. Although, I am running out of new ones.

Laughing
Timon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to a couple of meals on my next trip. Two I've eaten at and one will be new for me. The two I've eaten at ar Ohana's (ate there for the first time on our last trip and loved it) and Tappenyaki (which I haven't been to for at least 10 years). The new one will be 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Make it a magical day.
Timon
Phil. 4:6-7
If you want a dog in your life get a dog.
If you want a dog in your heart get a Boxer.
AndyL

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refillable mugs Wink
BillJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: What dining experience do you look forward to? Reply with quote

kathi wrote:
Is food an important part of your WDW experience or just something to keep you going to enjoy the fun?

Food in the parks is secondary to most things... and I usually make most of our dinners at wdw.
GloriaK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually do not look forward to a particular place but every trip I try to allow myself one new dining experience. May 2004 it was Whispering Canyon and last December it was Liberty Tree Tavern. I haven't decided where to go this year but I better make up my mind pretty quick.
LuvmeDisney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We actually look most forward to Marakesh in Epcot and Whispering Canyon. We too, enjoy our sit down late lunches as a time to decompress a little when it is calmer (except Whispering Canyon).

Linda
kathi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

Do you eat lunch or dinner at Marakesh. We have peeked in there and it is just beautiful. I would like to try it some time. I think I can find enough vegetarian food to make me happy.

kathi
LuvmeDisney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always book a late lunch. It's quiet and restful then and DD usually gets to get up and belly dance with the gal. She really enjoys it, and believe it or not, when we were there in May, she actually remembered DD from when she was dancing with her the previous August.

P.S. With a little one, I'm sure you would especially find it more easy going and relaxing for a late lunch.

Linda
Cruella

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well dahling, since we tend to go over Easter break we like to have a nice dinner on Easter Sunday. Other than that, we just eat when the mood strikes. I am not that into Disney food. I think the buffets are, for the most part, horrid.

Other than Dole Whip, cotton candy and the gone but not forgotten Goofy bars, there isn't any one thing I can think of that really compels me to say..oh I must eat there. The place that comes closest to that feeling is San Angel. I really enjoy OHana, but my guys give it the thumbs down. The one place we return to every trip is actually Beaches and Cream.

Other than that we are catch as catch can type diners. We leave the property and go to the Crossroads for dinner now and then, we frequently eat breakfast there as well. We time our dinner to coincide with park hopping. We'll decide to change parks and we'll go out to eat, linger a bit then go back to whatever park we are going to close down for the night.

Ta ta, Cruey
kathi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goofy Bars are totally gone now? I used to still see them at MGM. They were a favorite of one of our traveling companions.

kathi
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: