the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

New Menu at Ohanas
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosebud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Sue, was it actually sweet and sour shrimp that had to be peeled? Or did they still have the old shrimp?

ETA - I think they always overcooked the steak for my tastes, but since I ate so much of the shirmp I never bothered asking them to cook it less. If I don't like the new shrimp, I'll be doing that though.

Last edited by Rosebud on Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
kathi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear - SueP and I have almost identical tastes in food from what I can see. I'm definintely going to have to keep an eye on what people are reporting back.

I don't understand why they are changing something that everyone seemed to like so much. I've been hearing about that place for years and years. Finally I decide to try it....yep - change....

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
SueP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosebud---It was on a skewer and not much different than what I had in 2002.

Kathi--Ohana is not a place for foodies like you and I. But sometimes I have to choose a place for location or for the kids and Ohana fit the bill because we were eating with a lot of people.
kathi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly why we were going to try it. We will be with my mom, dad and Cara. I thought it would be a little more casual and family oriented (i.e. if Cara is a little chatty it won't disturb the diners!).

We will definitely go to Boma. She will like the food there and is a nice compromise for everyone's taste.

We will hit our favorites when we are there in October (Jiko, Flying Fish and California Grill!!)

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
Rosebud

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sue. I hope they keep the shrimp the way it was, or better yet, peel it and skewer(?) it. That was definitely my favorite part of the meal even though you had to work hard to eat it.
PrincessRosie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
kathi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Rosie...tell us how you really feel?!!! (Hope you and your family are doing well.)

I agree...it doesn't sound nearly as good as it used to be. I think we will skip it and try something else.

kathi
Sheri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The grilled shrimp was one of the biggest reasons we loved O'Hana - goes so well with the turkey and beef and besides both of my kids, even the non beef eating teenager loved it! I doubt we'll go back for sausages, even exotic ones.

Darn.

Sheri
Cruella

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I really liked at OHana was the shrimp, rice and salad. I can have a salad anywhere.

I'm with Rosie on this one. EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Ta ta, Cruella
ddoll

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys may want to give the new menu a try. I've been hearing some rave reviews. No raves for the sausage mind you, but for the rest of the changes. Several people have said the new dessert is an improvement over the pineapple and caramel. I can't imagine, but I'll soon see for myself.

I'm actually starting to look forward to trying it. I'll let you know when we get back. We're going there with Timon and Dawick (*and his little sister*).

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
Bopeep

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there! Just putting in my 2 cents since we are just back from there. I do not like the sausage. I do like the new dessert even though I enjoyed the old one. All in all I see no reason why if you enjoyed it before, that you would not enjoy it now. My absolute favorite is the turkey! Very Happy
kathi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is that the only main meal part that Cara or I could eat was the shimp. So it sorta looses the appeal when they don't grill them any more.

I'll be waiting to hear more reviews. Thanks for your input Bopeep. Glad to hear that you still liked it a lot.

kathi
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: