Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Please Read - Clubhouse Closing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Member Magic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we just drop this. I have no intention of continuing the conversation. I suspect everyone has said enough for other people to decide who's company they choose to keep.

If they haven't - I uge you all to visit as many websites as you can and decide where you would like to hang. But this endless bickering is seriously old. We are not going to agree...and that's fine...we don't have to.

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
Foxy Loxy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet I could change your mind if you'd let ME TALK HERE!!!

(rad POSING AS)
Administrator
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rad,

Just to be clear... You find it OK for someone to pick the lock on your hotel room and go through your bags? Essentially, that is what Howie did. And, I happen to "own" the hotel in this case. Now, what do you think the management of a hotel would do?

How about another example? Would you find it OK for someone to walk into a bank as you and go through your safety deposit box? What do you think the bank would do when they found out? Again, I am the "bank" in this case. I could list more examples if you would like, but I think I have made my point.

Those rules you keep quoting are for behavoir on the boards themselves. I know that you are a smart man and you know that is exactly what those rules represent. So, I would ask that you please stop quoting them as the only rules that exist. Last time I checked, common sense still existed as a rule in society.

As for he other rules that he broke more recently, just logout and try to re-register. They are crystal clear. BTW, you violated them as well when you created Foxy, which is why we asked you several months ago to stop posting as that account. Since you did not do what I discussed in the first paragraph, you got a warning and that request from us...not a request to leave the site.

So, I consider this the end of the discussion. I am also disabling Foxy Loxy, since I seem to have neglected doing that before when we asked you to stop posting as that account. Again, common courtesy from you to our very simple request would have sufficed, even if you were just trying to be funny.

Brian
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
kathi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually thought it was funny...but my sense of humor may be warped after the week I've had.

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
rad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You agree to only have one registered account. Multiple accounts used by the same person will not be tolerated.

Wow, has that always been there? I'm surprised kathi never mentioned it in all the pms we had concerning Foxy... (I wouldn't be surprised though, I always just click "agree" without reading--amazing I haven't been kicked off any other sites before...)

It was my assumption from pms from kathi that the only real concern over multiple accounts would be confusion over who authored the post, that is why I was always sure to sign as "RAD posing as FOXY LOXY" in my posts--I assumed that was "courtesy" enough... Sorry.

Again, it all boils down to the severity of the offense to me. With all due respect, I can't say that what Howie did was equal to breaking into a hotel room or a bank box--he merely exposed someone who had acted with hatred--perhaps it does come down to what kathi said earlier; "Who do you want to associate with?".

For me that choice is a friend who would talk to others behind my back, or a friend who would let me know that someone was talking behind my back and then expose them for it.

Above all, as I said in my first post in this thread, I would encourage anyone to join the folks at pixieplantation AND Tag's and make the decision yourself. There are some awfully nice folks at both and Howie truly isn't evil incarnate as some folks seem to think...

RAD ==>PS I'd like to publicly acknowledge very thoughtful and well-versed pms from Timon and Ahnilaria concerning their thoughts. We do disagree, but I do more fully understand their positions after their pms. Thanks.

coastalwader

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathi, sorry about your mom. Good thoughts headed your way.

I always thought you and Brian were stand up people who were truly sincere in what you were trying to do here and I know many will miss this site.

Best wishes to you and yours and please don't be a stranger.
Rosebud

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rad wrote:
Rosebud wrote:
rad wrote:
Quote:
Rule #1
Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Rule #2
Obey rule #1.

Rule #3
Posts will be deleted if they are offensive or threatening. Remember, we are here to discuss Disney and to be friendly and supportive to others.

Rule #4
If you have a problem, send a message to the administrator. They will go over the problem and try resolve it one way or another.

Rule #5
If you follow rules 1 through 4, then all will be well.

Rule #6
Above all...have fun!

Just so I'm clear, which of those six posted rules did Howie break? I'm guessing they are not the same rules you have at your workplace?

RAD

RAD,
I'm not Kathi or Brian, but I can definitely say he broke rule #1. Or perhaps Howie didn't actually break Rule #1, because he likes to be called names. Or perhaps because by your own admission in previous posts you aren't an every day reader and never saw that happen.

Good to see you again Rosebud--we really had a rushed trip earlier this month or I'd have tried to meet up with you and Val!

I'm pretty much an everyday reader here, but I could have missed something I suppose (especially if it was deleted). I'll bet that one would be hard pressed to find anyone on the internet short of a celebrity that has been called more names than Howie has though... Very Happy

I guess name-calling doesn't bother me so much. If Howie called me a name I'd rather know what it is I did to upset him than continue the hard feelings by talking behind his back. I'd rather know what people really feel than have them pm bad things about me to others. I guess that's what I see as the major difference between Howie and his detractors--Howie seems upfront about his dislikes, while Cruella seemed all sweetness and light in public, but spouted hatred in those personal messages. She was just caught and embarrassed.

And with all due respect Ahnilaria, I see your situation and Cruella's as apples and oranges. Cruella knows she was not faultless here...

RAD

You know I had a very long-winded reply to this, but decided not to post it.

My response simply had to do with your inquiry of which of the rules you listed that Howie violated. My response was rule # 1, I know because yes he personally called me a name. He also called other individuals and whole “groups” of people names.

The reason he called me a name was because I chose to have a different opinion then him. So unlike you, just because I know why they called me a name doesn’t mean I accept it or that it doesn’t bother me.

Now for the rest of your post – short answer is….
I simply don’t wish to discuss all the he said, she said crap. As far as I’m concerned there are multiple versions of what happened… Person #1, Person #2, Other Groups of people that share their versions of what happened, and then the actual truth. If I choose to associate with different people that are at odds with each other for whatever reason, then those same people have to decide whether to still be my friend (or even casual acquaintance in many cases). That is their choice not mine. I will listen to different versions if only to make myself aware that what I perceive someone to be, may not necessarily be the truth. I learned that lesson in 3rd grade.

As far as whether or not I’ll go to PP, well that remains to be seen. There are apparently some regular posters there that I enjoy. However, besides the reason above of why I don’t like Howie, I have other reasons I don’t wish to discuss, and at this time I don’t wish to participate on a board that he does. I would rather participate at a place where people can have differences of opinion and others will respect that. Who knows maybe that will change some day – I’m usually, but not always, the type that says “never say never”.

This response still seems pretty long-winded but believe me it is way shorter than my first response.
Bopeep

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I have no idea whats going on here but I am shocked and saddened. I don't post near as much as I would like to due to a crazy work schedule. But I so did enjoy coming to visit occasionally. I will truly miss this site and all of your posts I so frequently read and enjoyed. You have all given great advice and have given me quite a few laughs over my time here. Thank you Kathi and Brian for everything. Good luck in everything you do. Hope to see you on another site somewhere in the future. Crying or Very sad
Jimtravelfan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kathi and brian,

I was referred here by an AIM message from Timon. I'm sorry to see this place go. Though an infrequent poster here, I always felt welcome, loved and respected. I had no idea of the controversy over the events of last September because I often hung out elsewhere. Before I started writing this post I read some of the reactions. I can't and won't take sides because I wasn't privy to what happened at the time. I wanted to talk Disney and hang out with my buddies.

You did an excellent job with this site as a temporary home after the demise of RCH/MA. It was a friendly place to hang out and share our interests, joys and sorrows. You were also upfront that this was a temporary home but didn't know how temporary.

I echo what Brian has said. I'll remember the fun times and the great people with whom I shared them. Thank you so much for those memories. I hope to see you on other sites.

Take care of yourselves, Cara, and the furbabies.

Thanks again for letting me come aboard.

Jim
Cruella

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been awake a whole hour. I just got home from Vegas. I am so saddened to hear this wonderful site is going dark later today.

Thank you so much Kathi and Brian for providing this site for all the refugees from RCH. Brian, this site has always been a testament to your love for your wife. I remember how unhappy Kathi was when the RCH went dark and how hard and fast you worked to establish a site for her and all the people who had been displaced . Thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us this wonderful site where friends could come together and have fun. Many friendships were further cemented here and I thank you for letting us play on your dime. This site wasn't without cost and your providing a place for us is very much appreciated. I will miss this site and hope that some day we can all return here to continue our fun. I will be over at Tag's which is a wonderful place with many great people. Many are from the old RCH so it's like a reunion. May you and Kathi bask in the knowledge that you were cordial and welcoming to everyone. I for one am happy to have had the pleasure of your company and many others as well. I will miss my little Las Vegas room. I know you created that for me to have fun in and I really did love sharing my impressions and advice with people who were seeking a place to visit that was like Disney for adults.

Thank you for everything you've done for all of us here. I know you have bigger fish to fry with Kathi's mom being sick. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you help her and deal with her illness. It's not easy and can really take its toll on you. Hold fast to each other and draw strength, two are always stronger than one.

I sadly must say my last..

Ta Ta For Now, Dahlings, Cruella
ddoll

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't top Cru's post.

But I do want to add my thanks to you Kathi and Brian. It's sad to see the doors close for now, but we all understand what you're going through..

And knowing we''ll still be seeing all of our friends over at Tag's means we can't be too sad. Just melancholy to see our friendly little Clubhouse shut down. You guys have always been very fair and tolerant.

Enjoy your upcoming trip with your Mom Kathi. And see ya on the boards!

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Member Magic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: