the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Just booked flights to MCO!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Living Room
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Just booked flights to MCO!! Reply with quote

We will be going down in February - I just booked our flights!! My mom's cancer center is near Orlando so we are going to get DVC for the week and all hang together.

I don't know if she will be up to going to the parks (and she is going to have to stay out of the sun anyway) but at least we can all be together at the resort. She really wants to see Cara and I really want to be there to support her.

I feel so much better that we can at least be there for a bit of the treatments AND that we can spend some family together time at Disney!!

Thanks everyone for your support and understanding. Knowing that you are all praying for and thinking of my mom is a huge source of comfort.

I'll post updates on how things are going over at Tags.

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
Timon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathi,

That's great. Shring the magic together may not be what the doctor ordered, but I'm sure it'll help.

Make it a magical day.
If you want a dog in your life get a dog.
If you want a dog in your heart get a Boxer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/unomarmin/This%20and%20that/MarcieDempsey.jpg
kathi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually she told the Doctor the plan, and he said that having her family around would be a wonderful thing. Obviously, he doesn't want her in the sun - but said as long as she was feeling up to it, she could do whatever she wated (with a big hat and lots of sunscreen.

She is probably going to be very tired, so I expect we will just visit at the resort and maybe go to an early dinner.

There will be plenty of other adults around to entertain Cara if she gets to be too much for my mom.

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
ddoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good plan, Kathi! Peace of mind is the best treatment for illness.

Are you gonna try EE?

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
kathi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so....we shall see!! (Definitely on an empty stomach..)

k
ddoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out allearsnet. They have a photoessay from the CM's who got to ride it!
It look so cool!!

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
AndyL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big ol' Aussie Style Outback hat might be just the ticket for your mom to walk around under since the shade fairly well. You might want to pick up one for her Kathi. It'll also give her a place to put Disney pins if she likes trading them.
Kat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could get an ECV for her from one of the off-site places, and then if she felt up to say going to watch Wishes but couldn't take the walking, you'd have one all ready for her and not worry about making her over-tired.

And besides a wide-brimmed hat, get her a nice Mickey umbrella if she feels like venturing out during the day, even if it's just down to the pool. Smile People around here use umbrellas as parasols all the time in the summer, the sun is so brutal. Baby sunscreen is the best, as well. It's greasy, but her skin will be dried out from her treatments anyway, and because it's greasy, she won't need to reapply as often.

I think having Cara around and relaxing at Disney will be the best medicine in the world.

"Nice is different than Good" -Stephen Sondheim, _Into The Woods_
LuvmeDisney

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad you will be able to spend some time with her soon. It will be great for her to see Cara and you guys. Loads of love and family is always good medicine.

Linda
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Living Room All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: