the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Battlestar Gallactica Fans?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Entertainment Center
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Battlestar Gallactica Fans? Reply with quote

WOW - how about that mid-season opener?

Anyone a fan?

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
WillCAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to find any spoilers online yet (the show airs in the UK about 6 months before we get it), but the little "plot twist" hairs on the back of my neck are beginning to stand up.

What if Cain isn't the whack job we've been led to believe, but just a very stern officer - and her XO has been sowing the seeds of his own little take-over plot all along? We only have his word for the supposed attrocities that Cain commited.

Plus - look what is happening: Starbuck has orders to take out Cain, while Cain's XO will be on Galactica with orders to take out Adama. Suppose both succeed? That leaves the two XOs in command of the fleet - and Cain's XO will be on Galactica's CIC with a squad of armed Marines, so Tigh wouldn't be hard to take out, too, leaving Cain's XO in command.

Or maybe I'm just turning into Oliver Stone here...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I've been reading (and I've avoided any actual spoilers..it's all guessing by fans) is that in the preview (which I didn't watch because my DVR cut it off) shows a hand holding a gun that has marks on the wrist (maybe Gina/No.6 actually shoots Caine).

Also, Laura is dying and makes some crack about getting her one of those cylon bodies over on the Resurrection ship....wonder if they could work that out. I don't think they are going to kill her off too quickly..her character is too important. And finally we see her and Adama on the same side against Caine.

Now - I totally believe Caine is evil...but I'm going to give your musings some consideration.

Can't wait for Friday!!! (BSG is helping me cope with missing Firefly....at least a little).

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
pinoch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathi, you sound like my DH -- he can't wait for "Sci-Fi Fridays." Battlestar Galactica is his favorite of the three shows, Atlantis is second and he also enjoys Stargate SG-1. He usually tapes the 8 and 9 shows and watches the third one, or sometimes just starts watching at 10 and then catches the replays of the first two. But Battlestar is definitely his favorite (he was a big fan of the original with Richard Hatch too).

I, on the other hand, usually find another room to go to during those time periods since I'm not a big sci-fi fan. Can I send him over on Friday nights?

Barb
kathi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always welcome SciFi fans (and their spouses). Was he a fan of Firefly? IMO there has NEVER been a better show!!!

Let me know what he thinks of this week's episode. I think it's gonna be a good one!

kathi
WillCAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, guess I was wrong about Cain's XO.

But Kathi was right about Who Shot J.R., er, I mean who shot Cain. And she got off the ship, too, possibly with Baltar's help.

Roslin is getting closer and closer to the Great Beyond, but something's got to give - I can't imagine her leaving the show.

Too bad the Blackbird is history, too. I hope they build some more.

And most significantly, the Pegasus is still more or less in one piece and sailing with the rest of the fleet. How long will that last, I wonder?

And I'm still hoping for the character of Sheba to make an appearance. I can imagine a very interesting triangle with Lee, Starbuck, and Sheba. Even in the original show, there was a certain amount of jealousy from Sheba regarding Apollo's friendship with Starbuck (as often happens when a guy maintains his friendships after entering a new relationship), but with Starbuck's gender change in the new show, that issue could get a whole lot more complicated.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the heck is Sheba? (I didn't watch the old show.)

I am SO BUMMED about the blackbird...that was such a cool ship. Do you have any idea why in the world Apollo wanted to kill himself. It seemed to come out of nowhere.

There are definitely going to come up with a way to keep Roslin alive. I really wonder if she is a cylon and they got one of her model off of the resurrection ship before it was destroyed.

I also wonder what will happen with Pegasus and the new Captain (Is he a captain now? How does that work.)

I wish they did a little more with plot development and character interaction. I feel like they are jumping all over the place (switching to Sharon's baby next week).

It's still my favorite SciFi on TV right now and the special effects are excellent!

kathi
WillCAD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the old show, Cain was a guy (played to the max by Lloyd Bridges). He had a daughter named Sheba (played by the biggest crush of my childhood, Anne Lockhart). Sheba was a Viper pilot whose skill equaled Starbuck and Apollo, and after some initial friction that had to do with Apollo thinking Cain was a posturing, glory-seeking, prima-dona (which he was), Sheba and Apollo developed a relationship.

Cain's XO (what the heck is that guy's name, anyway?) is now in command of Pegasus, but whether he gets promoted from Colonel to Commander will be up to Adama, since he is now the highest-ranking member of the Colonial millitary.

By the way, in real naval parlance, an officer who commands more than one ship is not an Admiral (which is a rank, not a title), but a "Fleet Captian" or a "Commodore." Of course, it's sci-fi, and the technical structure of the Colonial millitary is entirely fictional, so who knows?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Entertainment Center All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: