the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Marathon 2006

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Trip Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ddoll

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Marathon 2006 Reply with quote

Most of the gang arrived on Wednesday, but we didn't get into FL until Thursday evening. We met up
with some of the others at MK on Friday morning.

We had a brunch at CP planned for a large group os us marathoners and our families. We also had
luvmedisney Linda there with her crew as well!

Then some of us went over to the WWOS to the Expo. I was the only one left who hadn't already
picked up my packet.

Who me? An athlete?

Friday evening was a pre-marathon pasta loading dinner. Some of us went to Chef Mickey's, some
of us went to the Concourse Steakhouse, but we all met first in the lounge.

Then it was over to the Poly for a meet to arrange the next morning's logistics.

Got to get to bed early! The busses were scheduled to pick us up at the resorts at 3:30AM!!

It was cold and dark Saturday morning. Most of us were donning black trash bags over our
clothes to keep the cold and wind out. It worked surprisingly well!

Being at the back of the pack meant it took our group 20 mins just to reach the Start line!

Finally the sun came out

We ran past Rosebud who had a sign for us, then saw Dennis with Mason carrying a big sign too.
It took a while, but we arrived at Main St USA via the back door. What huge crowd was there waiting for us!

There was Rosebud again holding up a sign to cheer us on:

And my DH and DS were there at the hub with a banner and sign for me!

After some long stretches of highway, we finally get back to Epcot:
There was Faline and her DH Glen cheering for us.

The run thru Epcot was thrilling! CMs, characters and supporters everywhere cheering for us all!

Then at last...the finish line!

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: