the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Dolphin Encounter - Shore Excursion

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Cruisin'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MandM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:00 am    Post subject: Dolphin Encounter - Shore Excursion Reply with quote

Has anyone done the dolphin encounter during thier stop in nassau? My wife does not swim and this is done in waist high water. She is still a little apprehensive. If anyone has done this or knows anything about it I would appreciate any information. I'm trying to make my wife feel at ease about this once in a life time experience. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Mike
kathi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure our Clubhouse member RAD has done it. He hasn't been around much lately, but I'll send him a mesage to see if he can stop over and help you out.

Welcome!!

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
rad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathi wrote:
I'm pretty sure our Clubhouse member RAD has done it. He hasn't been around much lately, but I'll send him a mesage to see if he can stop over and help you out.

Welcome!!

kathi

Hey Kathi,

I'm around pretty much every day--I've just been busy and find it difficult to post as much as I used to. I try to chime in when I feel it will be helpful.

I've never done the dolphin excursion, but I'd guess that Mike already knows that since if I'm not mistaken he followed me over here to read my cruise report from another board. (Hi Mike!) Very Happy Seems Mike somehow snuck in under the radar of our welcoming committee here... Embarassed

Mike and his wife are celebrating their 10 year anniversary with a Disney cruise and I linked him over here to read my report. While we do have some of the nicest members on the internet here on this board, our Disney Cruise Line experience is somewhat limited here. The folks over at Tagrel http://www.tagrel.com/forum/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=index or disboards http://www.disboards.com/ could probably provide more current and detailed info. In fact, there's probably enough reading on those two sites to keep him busy until their 2oth anniversary! Shocked

The Passporter site is good too, and if you don't yet have the Passporter Cruise Guide--I feel it's a good investment for anyone doing a Disney Cruise.

If anyone else has any first-hand info about the dolphin excursion, please chime in, but I've not done it (though I guess that never really kept me from forming opinions before...)

RAD

kathi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the cruise twice, but never did the encounter. Definitely check out the other sites that RAD mentioned, but I sure hope you will stick around and visit with us when you can. We love to have new members!

So sorry for the oversight on the greeting. I think the end of August sees many of our members getting in a few last weeks of summer and getting their kids ready to go back to school.

Again Mike - Welcome!!!

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
MandM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Kathi. I can't express how much all of you have helped me in the past with My disney vacations. Disney fans are the greatest. Rad, I really want to thank you for introducing me to the clubhouse. There is never too many places to go for Disney Info. I have the Regular Passporter and the Cruise edition and refer to them always. I'll check out those other two sites you recommended. Thanks again for all of your help, advice, and welcoming me to the clubhouse.
Mike & Kim
MandM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,
Just wanted to check back in with an update. My wife and I recently returned from our 10th anniversary trip to WDW and the Disney Wonder. It was great. We were able to do the Dolphin Encounter at the Blue Lagoon and I have to say it was the hit of the cruise for my wife. She doesn't swim but the handler Lindsey made her feel very confortable and at ease. We were able to kiss, hug, touch, and even dance with the dolphins. It was amazing. We purchased the video and some photos. We hightly recommend this excursion. I want to thanks everyone who gave us advice prior to this trip... due to all of the advice we received we had a great time and didn't miss out on a thing.
Thanks,
Mike & Kim
kathi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Mike!! Great to see you and thanks so much for telling us about your anniversary trip. It's so wonderful to hear back from folks after their trips!

Wasn't the ship amazing? We were on the Magic a number of years ago (our first cruise) and were just in awe of how lovely every single detail of the ship was.

Wishing you a very happy holiday and a peaceful new year!

kathi
MandM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kathi wrote:
Hi there Mike!! Great to see you and thanks so much for telling us about your anniversary trip. It's so wonderful to hear back from folks after their trips!

Wasn't the ship amazing? We were on the Magic a number of years ago (our first cruise) and were just in awe of how lovely every single detail of the ship was.

Wishing you a very happy holiday and a peaceful new year!

kathi

Happy Holidays to you and your family too... The ship was "Wonderful". It was my wifes first cruise and now she is hooked. We will now try to alternate each year between the parks and the DCL...
Mike
kathi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a GREAT plan to me!!

We have been on the Magic twice (the 3 and 4 day cruises). This year we hope to go on a Celebrity Cruise (since we are really into food and they reportedly have the best of that class of cruise ship).

It will be interesting to see if other lines can match that great Disney service!

kathi
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Cruisin' All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: