the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

How we nearly drowned at WDW or Hurricane Wilma crashes in-1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Trip Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: How we nearly drowned at WDW or Hurricane Wilma crashes in-1 Reply with quote

The Cast of Characters:

ChrisR: DisneyNut (7 months pregnant)
Jim: DH and enjoys Disney, refuses to be called "Nut"
Nick: 18 month old and future DisneyNut if mommy has any say in it
Robbie: ChrisR's brother
Kim: Robbie's wife
Alegria: Kim and Robbies 3 month old

Day1 Oct 22nd, 2005

I had hoped to get an early start and be and WDW by 10AM. We live in Tampa so it is around an hour drive for us. Unfortunately, I had a rough night (7 months pregnant and STILL getting morning sickness) so I decided to sleep in. Since the weather looked to be very unpredictable, I packed a variety of clothes and extras "just in case". We arrived at Saratoga Springs Resort around 1:30pm. Our room wasn't ready so immediatly headed for Disney/MGM. Nick loves many of the shows featured in "Playhouse Disney Live", especially JoJo's Circus. We had some time before the next show so first I tried to get some lunch into Nick. He was so preoccupied with his surroundings that he really wasn't interested in food. So much for that mini pizza. When we first entered the theater, Nick was apprehensive. The commotion and loud music playing while the theater was filling up was new to him. We sat about 2/3rds back on the right hand of the stage. I definitely would not recommend sitting too close to the stage, the angle makes it difficult to see the short puppets. When Bear came out, Nick's jaw literaly dropped. He was mesmerized. But that was nothing compared to when JoJo and Goliath was up on stage. He kept trying to walk toward the stage. He clapped very enthusiatically when the audience did. After that he really got in to it. He danced and hopped during the rest of the show. Afterwards, we went to the Muppet Movie. I wasn't sure if he would sit still for the entire show, but he did. He even kept his glasses on. Actually, taking them away afterwards was the challenge. We went to the bin and pointed out what everyone was doing. Then we dropped our glasses in, and he followed suit. We decided to let Nick run around a bit and went to "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" playground. We were only there about 10 minutes when it started to pour. We grabbed some snacks at the Studios Catering Co. Flatbread Grill. Jim had a dip sampler platter with flat bread and I got a honey almond roll. Both were very tasty. (Nick had goldfish crackers I brought with me). After nearly an hour, the rain finally slowed to a drizzle. We decided to head back to SSR and check in. Our room was ready. We were staying in a 1 Bedroom at SSR. The first order was to "babyproof" as much as possible. Normally we would close a lot of doors, but since the door handles were levered, Nick had no problem opening them. We had to be vigilant to make sure the remote didn't get flushed, lol. We toweled off and put on dry clothes. My brother, Robbie and his wife Kim, with baby Alegria, showed up around dinner. We went to the Artists' Palette which is right next to the SSR lobby. I don't remember what we all got, but it wasn't bad even if it wasn't all that memorable. I do remember it being reasonable. For 3 entress (one of them a kid one) and drinks (including a beer Jim got) it was around $22.
Poor Nick was exhausted by this point so we headed back to our room and off to bed.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> Trip Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: