the Clubhouse Forum Index ...Disney spoken here, friends made here...

FAQ
FAQ
Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Changes in Payment to Dine with the Princesses.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Changes in Payment to Dine with the Princesses. Reply with quote

Here is another little tidbit. This one may not make folks happy though. Starting in February, when you call to make a dining arrangements to dine with the princesses at CRT, and at the Storybook Breakfast at Epcot, you will be required to pay for the meal in full when you make the dining arrangement. The cancellation policy will be 48 hours, in order to get a refund.

Francine
Francine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: More news about CRT Reply with quote

The price now includes pictures of everyone in your group with Cinderella, delivered to your resort. The cost is much more expensive now:

Breakfast: $31.99 ages 10 and up; $21.99 ages 3-9
Lunch: $33.99 ages 10 and up; $22.99 ages 3-9
Dinner: $39.99 ages 10 and up; $24.99 ages 3-9

And also, for those on the dining plan, any meal at CRT will now cost 2 sit down meals, similar to a dinner show. You must also pay for the entire meal in advance, for any reservations after February 1, 2006, with a 48 hour cancellation window.

Francine
kathi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow....they better have gold-plated eggs for that price.

I guess it's worth it for people who have the money and who are desperate to see a princess. I would much rather take that $85 - $100 and do something more constructive with it.

I'm sure it will still sell out in minutes. I know many people do enjoy those 2 character meals.

Thanks for the information Francine!

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
ddoll

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, they are milking the popularity of the princesses out. First that wildly expensive tea, now this.

This is when I'm glad to have boys.

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
WillCAD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Gee, Mr. Wiess, we're selling out those Princess breakfasts every day within 2 minutes of the dining line opening! People are unhappy about not being able to get into the restaurant. Maybe we should have more Princess meals, since it's so obviously popular with our Guests."

"Forget it! Up the price! If it's selling out so quick, lets make twice as much money off of it!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Will, it IS sound business sense. If you have a product that sells out so quickly, and you CAN'T produce more because you don't have the space and/or the continuity thing with not having too many actresses playing face characters, then you're supposed to raise the price.

Seems to me he can't win for losing on this one. Because even if he did add more princess meals or shows, then half the internet complains about not another Princess thing- like the thread on this board a couple weeks ago.

Maybe he'll use the extra revenue to hire more CM's to clean the restrooms.

"Nice is different than Good" -Stephen Sondheim, _Into The Woods_
kathi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see the business aspect of making something highly sought after more expensive....but really, it's just food (and not really any exceptional food) and some people in costumes. I know that kids actually think it is the "character", but it all seems like so much hype to me. (Of course, I don't have a kid who really wants to see a princess).

It is not something that we even plan on telling Cara about. We can see lots of characters at the ten million greeting places, if she really wants to see them.

If they WOULD actually spend the money on cleaner restrooms, I'd be thrilled!! (Actually, on our trip last week, I thought the cleanliness of the parks we definitely up from the past few years. I agreed with Will when he brought up that highly contested opinion.)

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
Timon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francine,

Do they refund you the difference if you've got DDE?

Make it a magical day.
Timon
Phil. 4:6-7
If you want a dog in your life get a dog.
If you want a dog in your heart get a Boxer.

Francine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timon wrote:
Francine,

Do they refund you the difference if you've got DDE?

If you have DDE they won't charge you. They will tie your dining right in with your resort reservation. You will have to give your credit card information, in order to hold the reservation, and if you don't show up, your credit card will be charged.

Francine
Francine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat wrote:
Actually Will, it IS sound business sense. If you have a product that sells out so quickly, and you CAN'T produce more because you don't have the space and/or the continuity thing with not having too many actresses playing face characters, then you're supposed to raise the price.

Seems to me he can't win for losing on this one. Because even if he did add more princess meals or shows, then half the internet complains about not another Princess thing- like the thread on this board a couple weeks ago.

Maybe he'll use the extra revenue to hire more CM's to clean the restrooms.

I bolded the part of Kat's response that really hits the nail right on the head.

I agree, Kat. The thing is that there are some folks who will never be happy no matter what Disney does. I see this as a good business decision. I'd rather see the Princess Meals as something really special. Charge more, give better service, and it's all good. So, I am giving Disney the benefit of the doubt here, and watching for the improvements they will make with the meals. But, that's me, I like to find the good in things.

Francine
Francine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more news about this.....

For breakfast and lunch you don't just get one free photo, you get a photo package. And, if you have dinner at CRT, you will get a free lithograph that is worth $50.00. It is unframed, and unmatted.

Francine
Francine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND, the fairygodmother will now be seen in the dining room. She will be available to help celebrate special occasions, such as anniversaries and birthdays.

Francine
ddoll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Francine wrote:
If you have DDE they won't charge you. They will tie your dining right in with your resort reservation. You will have to give your credit card information, in order to hold the reservation, and if you don't show up, your credit card will be charged.

You've got DDE mixed up with the dining package. Timon is asking about the DDE card that gives a 20% discount.

I guess you can check with Disney Dining, Timon.

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
Francine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ddoll wrote:
Francine wrote:

You've got DDE mixed up with the dining package. Timon is asking about the DDE card that gives a 20% discount.

I guess you can check with Disney Dining, Timon.

Gosh, I am SO sorry ddoll, that I didn't quite understand the question. I am sure you can understand that I have been very busy this morning. And, I only had one cup of coffee. Wink

Actually, after January 31, 2006 the DDE discount will not be available at CRT.

Francine
kathi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get all those names mixed up also...it's totally understandable that mistakes happen.

I can never remember what the new name for a PS is....ADR? Is that it.

Just when we figure out the old names, they change them!!!

kathi
Yzma

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe that I've ever had a $32 breakfast...I know I'm in the minority but the idea of dining with princesses does absolutely nothing for me.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Cruella

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yzma dahling, you are not in the minority. I think that particular breakfast is a total waste of money. This is for bacon and eggs, potatoes, orange juice and a waffle? It's highway robbery. At what point will people say enough is enough?

Now, there is a brunch in Las Vegas that includes filet mignon, crab, huge shrimp, etc etc etc and champagne and it costs less than CRT. I've had it comped, but I would consider paying for it, it really was good.

Ta ta, Cruey
Timon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cruella wrote:
Yzma dahling, you are not in the minority. I think that particular breakfast is a total waste of money. This is for bacon and eggs, potatoes, orange juice and a waffle? It's highway robbery. At what point will people say enough is enough?
Ta ta, Cruey

It's capitalism at it's best Cruey. The market will bare only what people are willing to pay for it. We did the CRT breakfast last year, but paid for it with Q&C (now a thing of the past I understand) vouchers. Even paying for it with the vouchers it was overpriced.

I do realize it's not just the food you're paying for. It's the experience of eating in the castle and meeting the princesses. And being able to tell your friends and relatives how cute your kid was when they met their favorite princess. How much is that worth? To me they've already exceeded my limit, but for others perhaps not. I guess we'll know that the limit has been met when you can call at 8:00 A.M. and still get an ADR.

Make it a magical day.
Timon
Phil. 4:6-7
If you want a dog in your life get a dog.
If you want a dog in your heart get a Boxer.

Sheri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's worth it either and we've done it - but to each his own! Personally we subscribe to the "what they don't know can't tempt them" theory when it comes to things like this. Really, what young child knows this even exists? There are SO many other awesome sights and sounds at WDW and other (cheaper) ways to meet and see the princesses that not going to this breakfast certainly will not take away from a WDW vacation!

Sheri
kathi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent point Timon...I guess we will find out soon enough!

Whoever hears news...please keep us posted. It will be interesting to see how far it will go.

kathi
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: