Search
Search
Register
Register

the Clubhouse Store
Hurricane Relief Fund Drive

Donation Links

Breakfast Poll

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kathi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Breakfast Poll Reply with quote

As I sipped on my Diet Pepsi this morning I started wondering if it was more common for people to have bad breakfasts (i.e. Diet Pepsi) or healthy ones.

So....what do you usually have for breakfast? Does it change when you are on vacation?

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
pinoch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolate Slimfast shake every day. When we're on vacation, occasionally we'll do a big breakfast later in the morning, but usually just take my Slimfast along and have the shake before taking off for the day.

Barb
JoeH

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have a protien bar in the mornings during the week. That seems to work best after working out. When we are on vacation, it will vary from just a coffee and bagel to Donald's Breakfastasaurus - what a swing!
Joe
ddoll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coffee and a protein bar. Every day. It's something I don't have to think about.

I try to bring a box with me on vacation. If I run out, I'll pull a few pieces off a muffin, just because I'm in the habit of having something with my coffee.

"Forgive your enemies. It messes with their heads."
Cruella

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well dahling, I tend to skip breatfast, being a slug in the mornings and all, eating wastes precious sleep time.

What we do at WDW is go out for breakfast, but it's more of a brunch time around 10:30 or 11. My guys get breakfast and I get lunch. Everyone's happy.

In Vegas, well... I do not think it is allowable by law to serve breakfast except at 3 or 4 am when you are on your way to bed. Wink Actually we will get a buffet in the morning right at the breakfast/lunch change-over at around 11. My husband gets breakfast and I get bacon, soup and icecream. Everyone's happy.

Ta ta, Cruey
VeronicaG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually have oatmeal and hot tea. I usually cook for my kidsthough. They usually want french toast or eggs. (I've been told I take the stay at home mom thing to seriously) Laughing

When we are on vacation we usually eat out. My husband seems to need big breakfasts when on vacation.
WillCAD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Littel Debbie Swiss Cake Roll every morning with a small glass (about 6oz) of milk.

At WDW, I tend to eat a full breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and bacon, to fuel up for the day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bowl of Smart Start and some juice. Since I've been taking Olivia to school I've been able to eat breakfast at home--much nicer that eating at one's desk, I must say.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
LuvmeDisney

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a cup of Mint Green Tea and 2 pcs of Low Fat Turkey Bacon, an egg white veg omelet, and a small bowl of strawberries with plain non fat yogurt and Fibre one sprinkled on it.

When in WDW, I try to keep to the same if I can.

Linda
Rosebud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I like WillCad's the best! Dessert for breakfast sounds good to me. But I would prefer it if Veronica would make me some french toast instead - sounds better than the Little Debbie.

I can not do the same thing every day. I would get so bored with that. And some days it does end up being just a Diet Coke. When I'm at Disney it is the same thing - varies every day but sometimes includes that yummy Tonga Toast which I don't eat at home.
kathi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Diet Pepsi breakfast person. Sometimes I will splurge and stop and get a hash brown at McDonalds (yum - bad for me..but yum).

Brian is not a breakfast eater at all so we rarely have breakfast on vacation either. I like a nice breakfast buffet - so once in a while we will do that. (Except I end up paying $10 - $15 for Brian to eat a donut and have a glass of milk!)

kathi
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message Visit poster's website
Timon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healthy breakfast here.

Mug of coffee w/1 packet of equal and non-fat creamer usually flavored (every day)
1 cup of sensible cereal
1 cup fat free milk (skim plus which really tastes like real milk.
1 slice of toast w/margerine spray and sprinked w/equal and cinnamon

About once per week instead of cereal I'll have two eggs with either bacon or sausage.

Make it a magical day
Timon
Phil. 4:6-7
If you want a dog in your life get a dog.
If you want a dog in your heart get a Boxer.

SusanP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go in jags...
when the blueberries and peaches were fresh locally I would have a big bowl of oatmeal (not the packaged kind) with a few tbsp of ground flax seed, a mashed banana, a sliced peach or two and some blueberries. YUM!
I'm into eating All Bran (at least a cup) with vanilla soy milk at present, but enjoy most healthy cereals.
If I'm feeling very motherish, I have been known to break out the waffle iron, but the kids would actually rather have them at lunch.
At Disney we do the cereal in the room thing and if that isn't enough a pb&j as well. I'll often eat an apple or banana on the way to the bus stop. Keeps me going until lunchtime. At least once per trip I need to have my kids Mickey waffles with bacon! I just wish they had real syrup...
SueP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right npw I have to have Cheerios. But before I got diabetes I had yogurt,cereal and fruit. On vacation we usually go out for breakfast.
Debster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

room temp coke and cheese peanut butter crackers

hot earl grey tea with lemon, wheat crackers and gloucester cheddar cheese

poland springs water room temp and a day old philly pretzel

plain yogurt with frosted flakes mixed in
(don't laugh, it doesn't spill in the car)

toasted bagel with chive cream cheese and an icy cold dr browns cream soda

this is the schedule folks, it rotates, but it's what I eat
rocking chairs
soft pretzels
and life
Sheri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to start the day with some sort of egg thing and right now I'm eating wheat english muffins with some peanut butter as well. We are trying to South Beach in our house (just started yesterday ha ha ha!) so cereal (unless it's a fiber-y one) is out.

I do enjoy a good omelet - we often use a combination of eggs and egg whites with veggies and some cheese - yum!! Usually a weekend thing though.

My kids enjoy pancakes or waffles and I've been known to mix them up on a Sunday morning.

A hot cup of tea with a bit of equal works - or some honey if I need something sugary (sigh.......also off limits with South Beach I think. Well, once a week won't hurt!).

Today I had a scrambled egg, the above mentioned english muffin and a bottle of water.

Sheri
JulieRI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My breakfast always varies except for coffee with sugar and 1/2 & 1/2. Yesterday I had homemade apple pie for breakfast, today I had my favorite sausage bisquit from McDonalds. This past Sunday - sausage, toast, fried eggs and homefries with lots and lots of onions. Tomorrow probably Total cereal. Sometimes its just coffee.

Julie
BillJ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big ol' 64 oz bottle of water after I work-out and a handful of cashews.
Sheryl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diet Pepsi and cereal.

Sheryl
View user's profile Personal Photo Album Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GloriaK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a big breakfast eater when I am at home. A bowl of oatmeal, some yogurt or a piece of toast. Many mornings I cannot even eat and wait and have some hot tea when I get to work.

At WDW I usually have a least one breakfast meal and then I will have some fruit or pastry on other days. I sometimes bring cereal bars or granola bars if I am so inclined.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    the Clubhouse Forum Index -> The Bistro and Cafe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: